In light of the recent mainstream media-created outrage over Trayvon Martin’s death, I couldn’t help but notice how far off the modern-day civil-rights leaders are from the creed of the civil-rights movement in the 1960s, led by a great man of God, Martin Luther King Jr. He was a prophet to the nation – a molder of consensus to guarantee equal rights under the law for all men, “endowed by their Creator,” as the Declaration of Independence rightly states.
Let me take you back to the 1960s. Every participant in the civil-rights marches was required to sign the following pledge before they could participate:
1. Meditate on teachings of Jesus daily.
2. Remember that the non-violent movement seeks justice and reconciliation, not just victory.
3. Walk and talk in the manner of love/charity, for God is love.
4. Pray daily to be used by God.
5. Sacrifice personal needs. Greed has to go out the window.
6. Observe with both friend and foe the ordinary rules of courtesy.
7. Seek to perform regular service for others and for the world.
8. Refrain from the violence of fist, tongue or heart.
9. Strive to be in good spiritual and bodily health.
10. Follow the directions of the movement and of the captain of the demonstration.
However, the self-made civil-rights leaders of today, such as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, have left out their Bibles and their morals, as they debase themselves and reap nothing but mockery and reproach. Let me contrast the original pledge with the modern version of the pledge, as demonstrated by their actions:
1. Meditate on the media and anything but the teachings of Jesus.
2. Practice civil disobedience to just laws, through force, in hopes of an unjust victory.
3. Walk and talk in the manner of thuggery/pride!
4. Play the race card as you are enslaved through deception by a godless administration daily.
5. Sacrifice the needs of others, gain is the goal.
6. Send threats to those who disagree with you.
7. Seek to have it your way at all costs, lie if necessary.
8. Use fear and force.
9. Strive to take from others, because you deserve what you take!
10. Follow the directions of an unconstitutional and unlawful administration.
These modern civil-rights leaders are demoralizers of the faithful. They have turned civil rights into uncivil distribution of privileges, derived by the state. They have left off the Declaration of Independence, therefore throwing off freedom. Under their directives, racism is being taught to a new generation under the guise of decrying racism.
Martin Luther King Jr. condemned the “black power” movement because he knew “injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” His point was that men were not to be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. The civil-rights movement was about truth and justice, not lies and injustice, which brings me to another point …
Look who else is trying to jump on the civil-rights wagon, using similar methods as explained above. Watch below: